We’re excited to know you’re interested in joining us! Please take a moment to review the Member Requirements page and use that as a checklist to prepare all the necessary information to submit your registration. At a minimum, you must complete all the requirements for Level 1 membership to be considered.
There are 2 items to be completed for registration:
- Create an ARES Connect Virginia account.
- Go to https://arrl.volunteerhub.com/lp/Va
- Click on “Create Account” in the upper left corner and follow the instructions. Use ONLY your FCC call sign in ALL CAPS as your username
- You will receive a welcome email upon account creation. Forward it to our Emergency Coordinator (email@example.com) so that we can activate it once we approve your membership.
- Submit a FSD-98 form.
- You have two options to submit your ARES registration form to be considered for joining Fairfax County ARES: the Google Form or the Traditional FSD-98. Please only complete one.
- See the descriptions and procedures for each below.
Google Form FSD-98 (NEW)
This is the preferred method. You will need to sign into your Google Account, but this method is faster and it will let you update your records in our system on your own, should any information such as contact details change.
Alternatively, you may to download the ARRL FSD-98 ARES registration form from the ARRL ARES website. Search for “ARES registration form” or simply click this link here: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ARESRegistrationForm9-15.pdf.
- Upon completion, attach & send it to an e-mail along with all the necessary licenses & training certificates addressed to our Emergency Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).